Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - CFR Rehab - Nights
Department: OHCFR Nursing Rehab Unit
Status: Full Time
Located in Ocoee about 11 miles west of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 212-bed Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical acute care for the families of west Orange County communities. The hospital has earned Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement and Primary Stroke certification from The Joint Commission. Also located on the expanded Orlando Health – Health Central campus is a 30,000-square-foot comprehensive cancer center with clinical programs and services for patients and families. The cancer center became the only facility in Central Florida, and only the sixth in the nation, to offer MRIdian® therapy, which allows for more precise treatment of cancer tumors through real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during radiation beam therapy. The Orlando Health Center for Rehabilitation, which includes a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, a 40-bed Alzheimer's unit, a 10-bed hospice unit and outpatient rehabilitation services, also is located at the Orlando Health – Health Central campus. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion – Horizon West in nearby Winter Garden.
The License Practical Nurse (LPN) (SNF) Provides and documents individualized resident care to include resident evaluation, education, medication administration, IV therapy, treatments and resident safety under the supervision of the RN.
Graduate from LPN program or Board recognized nursing equivalency.
- Maintains current Florida LPN license renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of resident care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the resident's condition to the MD and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both resident and family.
- Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in facility policy, procedure and equipment.
- Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the resident served on the assigned unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate data reflective of the resident's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- Supervises and delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's capabilities and qualifications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 1300 Hempel Avenue Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.