IT Specialist II – Junior Web Developer
IT Specialist II Junior Web Developer position is strategic in nature and includes being part of a team
creating analytical, technical, and administrative work products in information technology. IT Specialist II Junior Web Developer is expected to maintain and modify existing applications without supervision as well as under direction from senior staff members. Proficiency in two or more of the
following areas: database administration, application design, application development, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, production application services, project/portfolio management, business and systems analysis. This position will report to an IT Supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- At least 18 years of age.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Accredited high school or GED diploma.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Good work history.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Must have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must also have intermediate skills in one or more of the following: development tools, server administration tools, or network security administration tools.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving an agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver's physical exam.
- Depending on assignment, may be required to be FCIC/NCIC certified within one (1) year of accepting position.
- Ability to develop .NET, C# web applications. Provides intermediate debugging of web applications.
- Ability to communicate with agency employees regarding application development or requirements in order to resolve or verify that the issue is fixed.
- Ability to remain up-to-date on current web development technologies. Ability to work with a team to resolve problems
- Ability to provide intermediate database (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server) design for web applications.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving abilities with excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines and/or projects. Willingness to learn/support legacy software applications
- Ability to remain up-to-date on current IT technologies.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to use creative and original thinking. Must also have ability to use judgment and discretion.
- Must have the ability to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information in order to make logical decisions.
- Must have the ability to take ownership of assignments. Ability to focus and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and also sit and work on the computer for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or use hands to handle or feel.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may have to assist someone lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to work in remote locations within Orange County. The employee will be working with computer related equipment and may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Depending on assignment, may be required to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends. The employee is required to support the agency's emergency operations during a critical incident and may be recalled. The employee may also be assigned to a technical team in order to support the agency during a critical incident.