Fleet Parts Associate
Maintains the Fleet Parts Room and provides clerical support.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND one (1) year related experience and/or training (i.e. customer service, vehicle and/or transportation industry experience).
- Must have valid Florida driver's license. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver's physical exam.
- Ability to answer incoming phone calls and assists callers as necessary. Handles all incoming invoices and processes/distributes related paperwork as necessary.
- Ability to order and pick up parts from vendors. Deliver and pick up vehicles from dealerships. Deliver and pick up radios from repair.
- Ability to update computer database of parts available. Compile and update various reports (e.g., statistical reports on work output, supplies/parts utilization, maintenance performed). Log work sent out and completed.
- Ability to pull parts and update work orders as needed.
- Ability to perform clerical duties to include typing, copying, and filing as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to agency employees.
- Must have basic computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have good knowledge of geographical area and auto and truck parts manuals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, smell, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. Minimal exposure to bodily fluids and/or blood may occur. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Depending on assignment the employee may be required to work evening, midnight and/or weekend shifts. Shift times may vary.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Orange County Sheriff's Office may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.