Sports Trainer Competitive- Titusville YMCA Family Center
This position is responsible for providing high quality basketball training, excellent customer service, and product knowledge to members in a safe and clean environment.
- Provide direct teaching leadership to each basketball program participant in each class of instruction.
- Remains current with basketball industry standards and trends.
- Seeks new members to serve on a continual basis.
- Greets and develops friendly, professional relationships with all members.
- Designs programs that are tailored to individual health and wellness objectives, documents progress.
- Remain alert and attentive to all members on the court or field.
- Respond promptly and appropriately when rescue or first aid is necessary.
- Enforce all safety rules fairly, consistently with tact and respect.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and facility.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Remains up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Participates in member retention, special events and fundraising.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated training experience in relevant sport.
- Minimum of 2 years of coaching relevant competitive sport (Ex. AAU, YBOA, FHSAA, NCAA, NBA, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years playing relevant college or professional sport
- Highly recommended coaching certification through USA Basketball, American Coaching Academy and Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Ability to give clear, comprehensible instructions.
- Ability to protect confidentiality of members.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude with members and fellow employees.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- The employee must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- The employee is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.