Hyperbaric Nurse / HBOT Attendant (LPN or EMT/Paramedic) - PRN
- The Hyperbaric Nurse assists Nurse Navigators (RNs) in gathering and recording ongoing medical history information on patients and conducting blood draws for processing by the laboratory.
- The Hyperbaric Nurse prepares patients for treatment by performing the appropriate vital tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature.
- Records vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Keeps medical supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps medical equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and escalating repairs/requests for replacement (Hyperbaric Nurses).
Both the Hyperbaric Nurse and/or HBOT Attendant will perform the following tasks as scheduled for HBOT Treatment sessions with clients:
- Works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary medical team to provide white-glove healthcare services to an exclusive clientele.
- Sets up, breaks down, and disinfects breathing circuits.
- Assists clients with the masking and unmasking of breathing devices.
- Cleans and disinfects the hyperbaric suites after each treatment is complete.
- Manages clients’ needs during hyperbaric treatment; this includes taking vitals, glucose checks, confirming seat assignments, ensuring tablets are operable, providing direction on proper clearing techniques, and charting medical issues/emergencies in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) that occurs within the chamber suite.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence complies with all privacy policies by keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains a high level of client engagement to drive not just client satisfaction, but rather exceed clients’ expectations of hospitality; provides emotional support when needed.
- Must be able to enter and lead HBOT sessions at least once daily as scheduled.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job role.
- May perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates Degree a plus.
- Active Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)to perform duties as a Hyperbaric Nurse.
- Active NREMT certification to perform as HBOT Attendant.
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Current or previous experience as an LPN or Paramedic (HBOT Attendant) other relevant experience considered.
- Phlebotomy experience a plus (LPN).
- Knowledge of patient charting and recordkeeping processes.
- Experience working with geriatric patients a plus.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems.