Finance Support Specialist
This position is responsible for recording the financial transactions of the Coalition and administrative support functions for the Chief Administrative Officer and Accountant(s). These include accounts payable, travel, payroll, inventory and administrative organization. All coalition employees, provider’s and families’ information and data must be maintained confidential.
Essential Job Functions:
Accounts Payable and Finance
• Matches invoices with purchase request authorizations.
• Process weekly accounts payable.
• Reviews accounts and payment vouchers.
• Creates payment vouchers to help in disbursing funds to proper grant fund accounts prior to posting into GL by Accountant(s).
• Input accounts payable data into MIP Accounting software.
• Process aged accounts payable reports and check runs for verification by Accountant(s).
• Verifies expenses, matches receipts of expense reports in accordance to ELCOC guidelines.
• Works closely with Procurement Department to resolve status of open purchase requests and discrepancies for orders placed and/or received for accounts payable processing.
• Matches purchase request forms to invoices and allocates expense to proper GL accounts.
• Assists Accountant(s) with creating expense reports for new hires.
• Assists with annual match fundraising event budget, invoicing, and accounts payable.
• Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation.
• Develop and maintain sub-recipients tracking tools for Board and Committee meetings presentations.
• Maintains and balances general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
• Month-end and fiscal year-end closings and reporting for shared cost categories.
• Responsible for preparation of sub-recipient payments; including direct services, administrative and program services.
• Assist with monthly reconciliation of all accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll (including liability) general ledger accounts.
• Corporate credit card statement reconciliation.
• Assist with arrangements of travel for authorized personnel to include booking airfares and hotel reservations.
• Registers authorized employee for conference and seminars.
• Keeps abreast with travel statue 112.061.
• Processes travel expense reports.
• Assists Accountant(s) with inputting payroll data into MIP Accounting software.
Assets and Inventory
• Maintains inventory and disposal of property purchased with state funds under the guidelines of OEL Fiscal Guidance 240.02 [OEL-FG-0049-08], federal guidelines, state law, ELCOC policies and procedures as directed by Chief Administrative Officer or designee.
• Inputs into the master inventory list of payables that impact certain GL codes and will track the disbursements to the proper funds, i.e., grant funds, etc.
• Maintain and update records related to provider overpayments, ensure collected overpayments are remitted to Florida’s Office of Early Learning (OEL) in accordance with guidelines.
• Assist with reports related to collection of provider overpayments.
• Responsible for the quarterly external desk review monitoring with Florida’s Office of Early Learning (OEL) and provides required documentation.
• Ensures accuracy and on-going maintenance of sub recipient contractual budget versus actual for accounts payable processing.
• Provide assistance to the reception area as needed.
• Provides administrative support and assistance to Chief Administrative Officer and Accountant(s).
• Assist management in compiling and drafting correspondence, forms, spreadsheets, schedules, related operations manuals, reports and other professional office documents.
• Sets up and maintains vendor file to include W-9.
• Ensure all relevant filing of documents are kept in an orderly and filed in timely manner.
• Collaborations with the sub-recipient monitoring yearly.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents.
• Proficient in the use of computer software (MS Office Suite). Ability to navigate the Internet.
• Knowledgeable in Federal, state, and local contract regulations regarding grant funds.
• Knowledge of accounting software, preferably MIP Accounting.
• Must possess valid Florida driver’s license.
• Ability to organize and maintain records effectively following management standards and with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, analyze, compile, and organize data effectively.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables.
• Ability to work and communicate, in oral and written format, with people from various multicultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Two (2) year of experience related to the duties of the position; or
• Associates Degree in accounting and three (3) to five (5) years of job-related experience.
• Years of required experience may include Intern job related experience.
• Accounting experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
• Knowledge of MIP Abila Accounting Software is a plus.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Apply for Finance Support Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly