Certified Hyperbaric Technician
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the chamber(s).
- Responsible for acting as an inside observer as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the inside observer is alert and attentive to the clients and the equipment.
- Assists in start-up and shut down of the facility and hourly equipment checks.
- Responsible for keeping supply parts stocked.
- Prepares educates, and orients clients to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy; this includes getting them ready for treatment administration and answering any HBOT questions as well as ensuring they only enter the chamber at the appropriate time and with the appropriate clothing and devices.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the hyperbaric chamber equipment, as well as monitoring clients’ responses during each session and making proper adjustments to ensure client safety and the safe and effective use of the equipment.
- Maintains a safe environment in the hyperbaric facility for patients and staff and using approved and recognized decompression procedures for all persons with a hyperbaric exposure to inert gases.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job role, some overtime may be required.
- Performs safety functions and/or technical maintenance tasks as assigned.
- May perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma, or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) or must be eligible (through a medical certification) to obtain the CHT within six months.
- Complete Continuing Education Requirements to maintain CHT according to NBDHMT requirements.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/CPR certification - to be maintained throughout the duration of employment in this position.
- Additional training as required to meet operational needs.
- Hyperbaric equipment and related systems troubleshooting skills.
- Experience operating a multi-place hyperbaric chamber desired but not required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong computer/technical/mechanical/electrical (power and signal) skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data, including schematics & assembly drawings & bills of materials, vendors literature, Operations, and Maintenance manuals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail & recordkeeping.
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organization and time-management skills
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills
- Ability to stay calm and relax clients
- Interfaces personally and telephonically with fellow staff members, suppliers, clients, and family members
- Must demonstrate efficiency in written and verbal communication
- Ensures accuracy of all forms and reports
Aviv Clinic is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are a Drug-free & Smoke-Free workplace