Manager / CEO
Job Title: Manager/CEO
Department: Credit Union
Reports To: Board of Directors
Preferred requirements - Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5-10 years of senior management experience in a credit union.
The Manager/CEO holds the highest-ranking position in the Credit Union and must develop an effective partnership with the Board of Directors (BOD) where there is a balance of power and authority regarding both roles. The Manager/CEO is to advise and support the BOD. As the top executive, the Manager/CEO makes managerial decisions and is responsible for the overall success of the Credit Union. The Manager/CEO is also accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the Credit Union, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development of monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure the Credit Union is in continual compliance with current laws and regulations
- Work closely with all personnel to make sure that they are following the policies of the BOD and that workplace practices conform to legal standards
- Individually and/or through subordinates, provide strategic and/or administrative direction and management in all credit union functions to include: accounting, ALM, business development, compliance, facility management, finance, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, operations, management, security, and IT.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the credit union and establish programs, policies, and office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services, to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the credit union.
- Develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the credit union is compliant with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Assist in formulating, monitoring, and directing strategic business plans.
- Manage the capital and comprise a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Ensure adequate equipment, supplies, and working space is available.
- Conduct business development activities to promote the growth and development of the credit union. Build positive relationships with the field of membership, and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
- Attend Board meetings.
- Plan and oversee the employee benefits program, balancing internal demands, equity in the marketplace, and costs.
- Manage security and safety for the credit union, with responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures, and to alert staff of any changes in a timely manner.
- Report financial statements to the Board of Directors, auditors, and/or regulators.
- Ensure that recordkeeping meets the requirements of our federal regulator.
- Directly oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the credit union to include: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, collections, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, investments, payroll, taxes, corporate accounts.
- Perform other assignments, projects, and duties as required/assigned.
Apply for Manager / CEO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly