We are seeking a Full-time Maintenance Technician that will be responsible for the maintenance of building equipment and property within the Family Center. The Maintenance Technician supports member participation and retention through assisting the Facility department in achieving strategic goals and providing outstanding customer service to all members.
- Perform basic maintenance duties to ensure the building equipment and property are in good operating condition, including conducting minor electrical and plumbing repairs, equipment repairs, painting, and assisting with general cleaning of the facility.
- Collaborate with Family Center department leads to complete all work orders, special projects and other maintenance needs.
- Assist the Executive Director or Facility Director to resolve any safety maintenance concerns immediately.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies.
- Pick up supplies from local vendors as needed.
- Assist with deliveries and ensure shipments are transported to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain compliance with required documentation of MSDS manual and all OSHA standards.
- Remain knowledgeable of all safety and risk management procedures and respond appropriately as trained in emergency situations.
- Assist the Executive Director or Facility Director in coordinating annual building and fire inspections.
- Assist in identifying active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years building maintenance, grounds keeping and/or general repair experience required.
- Additional training and/or certification in HVAC, plumbing or electrical preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- The employee must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- The employee is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.