The Food Runner is responsible for delivering hospitality to our guests with genuine and personable conversation. This position is critical to our guest's overall experience as he/she must ensure all aspects of food presentation are up to our standards and our guests receive their food in a timely manner to ensure optimal food temperature and quality.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Maintain proper grooming and uniform standards.
- Ensures interior and exterior cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Observes guest's body language to anticipate their needs to add to their exceptional experience.
- Ensures all aspects of food presentation are in accordance with company standards.
- Expeditiously delivers food from the kitchen to our guests.
- Obtains any items needed for our guests to ensure a great dining experience.
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies for food handling.
- Answers questions the guest may have regarding our food and beverages and uses their knowledge of the restaurant to inform guests of services available.
- Handles guest complaints by listening to their concerns, contacting the manager with any problems, and solving complaints to ensure guest satisfaction that will compel them to want to return.
- Assists all team members with any additional items needed.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Confidence – A matured and justified self-belief in one's ability to do the job, and the conveyance of that behalf
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by TRC; provides excellent customer service to both guests and team members
- Initiative – Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation; reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School; able to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English
Experience: Previous hospitality experience is preferred
Computer Skills: N/A
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
Other Requirements: N/A