The Prep Cook is responsible for delivering and preparing fantastic menu items in a timely manner ensuring great guest satisfaction. The Prep Cook will prepare food items using recipe instructions, proper portioning methods, and cooking standards to fulfill our guest orders. The Prep Cook will maintain a work station that is clean and organized while preparing food for our guests.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Maintain proper grooming and uniform standards.
- Communicates with the Executive Chef and the Sous Chef to learn of featured items, special events, and important shift information.
- Sets up stations with the correct food products and utensils.
- Checks and adjusts the temperature of the equipment to ensure that food is prepared and stored at the proper temperatures.
- Changes sanitizer at a minimum every two hours or, earlier if necessary, to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Food is prepared based on daily needs and par levels using proper utensils and adhering to recipe procedures.
- Receives information on guest's allergy sensitivity and adheres to protocols.
- Monitors product on the line and restocks when necessary to ensure food product remains stocked and on hand.
- Prioritizes the preparation of each item to ensure the delivery of courses in a timely manner.
- Checks the color, consistency, and temperature of food products to ensure food is prepared to our
- standards and the guest's request.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area including counters, utensils, cutting boards, preparation areas, and floors.
- Assists with daily line checks and walkthroughs to maintain a clean and organized restaurant
- Performs additional duties as required, including emptying trash.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Confidence – A matured and justified self-belief in one's ability to do the job, and the conveyance of that behalf
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by TRC; provides excellent customer service to both guests and team members
- Initiative – Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation; reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School; able to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English
Experience: Previous hospitality experience is preferred
Computer Skills: N/A
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
Other Requirements: N/A