The Pastry Cook is responsible for delivering and preparing fantastic bread and dessert items in a timely manner ensuring great guest satisfaction.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- The Pastry Cook will prepare and execute pastries using recipe instructions, proper portioning methods, pastry techniques and standards to fulfill our guest's orders.
- The pastry-cook will respond to the Chef/Manager on duty.
- The Pastry Cook will maintain a clean and organized work station while preparing desserts for our guests.
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching.
- Able to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 80 pounds frequently.
- Able to remain standing and active for a 6-8-hour shift.
- Able to safely use cleaning agents.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Confidence – A matured and justified self-belief in one's ability to do the job, and the conveyance of that behalf
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by TRC; provides excellent customer service to both guests and team members
- Initiative – Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation; reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
Qualified candidates will possess at least two years prior baking/pastry experience with creativity and passion for the culinary arts. Applicants should demonstrate a willingness to learn and dedication to food, technique, and hospitality. This will be inspired by fine dining —so your commitment to professionalism is essential.