The Barista will prepare and serve a variety of specialty coffee and teas, among other beverages, and select food items to our guests. Our Baristas work diligently to provide a memorable guest experience in our Marketplace by focusing on quality and excellent guest service.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepares and serves hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, blended coffee, and tea, to guests; correctly customizes orders as requested, along with pastries and cookies.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, utensils, dishes, and work areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes service and seating areas.
- Ensures proper functioning of freezers, refrigerators, and heating by routinely checking temperatures in that equipment.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Confidence – A matured and justified self-belief in one's ability to do the job, and the conveyance of that behalf
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by TRC; provides excellent customer service to both guests and team members
- Initiative – Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation; reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School; able to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English
Experience: Previous barista experience is preferred
Ability to follow all safe food handling procedures and sanitation practices.
Good memory to manage multiple orders simultaneously and recall faces, names, and preferences of frequent guests.
Ability to serve guests quickly, efficiently, and kindly.