Program Supervisor/ MOD - The Learning Center Sherberth
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmail
The Program Supervisor assists in organizing and directing the appropriate program segment's day-to-day operations. The Program Supervisor supports participation and retention by assisting in the planning and execution of child care programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
- Assist the Manager / Director(s) in coordinating department operations, including floor management, scheduling to ensure staff/student ratio compliance, MOD duties, child care programs, VPK programming and compliance, enrichment programs, and School Age programming.
- Support the retention of Disney Learning Center participation through excellent quality programming. Work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with programming.
- Monitor the capacity of the child care center to ensure all required teacher/child ratios are met. Coordinate changes to teachers and classrooms as needed to ensure ratio compliance.
- Assist in the coaching and supervision of staff, including compliance with all safety, licensing, health and policy standards. Lead staff to support program goals to achieve retention goals.
- Provide program training and orientation to faculty. Facilitate ongoing orientation for new parents, teachers and children, including touring families and transitioning children.
- Conduct structured observations of teachers, including random classroom visits. Share feedback on observations with Directors.
- Communicate center issues and provide regular status reports to the Manager and/or Director.
- Submit all contractual program documentation in a timely manner to outside agencies regarding the government and internal compliance.
- Research new and creative ideas for enrichment programs that fit in with the WDW philosophy.
- Maintain staff compliance in staff development in service and 45 hours required by the state and accrediting agencies.
- Assist the Director in ensuring that the center is meeting or exceeding the operating level acceptable by APPLE/NAC and Florida Gold Seal standards.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Supervisor, and follow risk procedures as outlined in YMCA policy. Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper contacts as outlined in YMCA policy.
- Remain up-to-date on all YMCA Child Care, The Learning Center, and Walt Disney World policies and operational standards, including safety and emergency procedures.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely parent communications including but not limited to Life Cubby, Newsletters, daily updates and special event detail.
- Attend all staff meetings and YMCA trainings as required.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of other employees.
- May spend equal or majority of time actually performing the work of subordinates or front line employees.
- Is responsible for generating revenue and or monitoring expenses according to department budget.
- Provides input on performance evaluations and submits recommendations to department manager for review and final approval.
- Observes and participates in the hiring and selection of staff.
- Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions under the close supervision of the department manager or director.
- Prepares and coordinates employee work schedules.
- Trains and orients new employees.
- Participates in a Quality Team or Fundraising initiative.
- Verifies work hours of employees and submits timesheets to department manager for approval.
- Provides input into the development of procedures and systems for the department.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Associate's degree or equivalent required; early childhood education, special needs education or related field of study preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Florida Child Care Director Credential or Child Development Associate (CDA) certification preferred.
- Demonstrate experience in child care operations and compliance.
- Must meet the county and state licensing requirements.
- 1-3 years of experience in formal child care curriculum and programming, preschool age experience.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; EZ-Care experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Must be able to receive and follow detailed instructions.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and children's well-being.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in an educational environment.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.