Communications Support Specialist
Team member assigned to the Community Engagement Unit in the office of the CEO. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment while setting and meeting deadlines. Performs general program support duties to include but not limited to, branding, coordination of logistics and paperwork, including scanning, photocopying, mailing, data entry, filing and taking notes and compiling minutes for meetings. Demonstrates innovation, organized with meticulous attention to detail, and self-motivated with a keen eye for messaging internally and externally.
Essential Job Functions:
Program Logistical Support
• Participate in CEU department assigned meetings, providing support with notes and minutes as well as follow up action items.
• Assist with filing and organizing document for CEU department meetings with CEO
• Assist with the accurate and timely submission of documentation for purchase order requests (E-Req), credit card authorizations, and check requests.
• Research & organize information for ongoing projects.
• Track and log program initiatives, objectives, and deadlines to ensure timely completion of requested reports.
• Prepare collateral materials for community events coordinated by the Volunteer Coordinator (i.e. civic club presentations, chamber events, Celebrity Readers, community, and volunteer fairs).
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with following up the prospective volunteers.
• Assist with the organization and preparation of materials, books, and letters for Book Buddy program.
• Assist in the tracking and promotion of Ready Readers, Books and Badges, volunteer orientation and hours and other ELCOC initiatives into Constant Contact
• Complete and submit in-kind forms for all department efforts with material donations and volunteer participation.
• Assist with all organizational event logistics, to include logistics/presentations for Board Meetings.
• Enter data for multiple projects in an accurate manner.
• Coordination of department inventory for project supplies and materials.
• Reserve conference and/or training rooms for department meetings and functions.
• Assist at Outreach and Awareness events, i.e. producing pledge cards, securing sponsor logos and photos of hosts.
• Assists in drafting Development project timelines.
• Assists in designing process for special event seating and greeting VIP’s.
Communication & Media Relations
• Create, update, and keep marketing, community outreach calendars and media outreach logged and organized.
• Prepare and create branded promotional materials (ie: branded flyers, forms, and applications for departments and initiatives across the organization.
• Assist in creating print, digital, video and audio ads for multiple ELCOC advertisements with media partners. Collaborate with leadership team members on the creation of newsletter content and scheduling.
• Assist in the creation of social media tool kit and content (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, etc.).
• Coordinate video productions ensuring video crew, location, and interviewees all have the pertinent details including schedule, contact information, and signed releases.
• Assist at Outreach and Awareness events, i.e., producing pledge cards, securing sponsor and partner logos and photos of hosts.
• Assist with collecting media releases for participating ELCOC initiatives. Assist with all organizational event logistics as directed by team lead.
• Draft press releases for various ELCOC events.
• Maintain and update a current list of media contacts.
• Collect and ensure current and accurate content such as photos from event Honorees, Hosts, sponsor logos, and ads.
• Update silent auction platform (i.e., Review and edit silent auction item descriptions, upload appealing photos for the silent auction items, assist with the pairing and packaging of items, assist in setting minimum bids, bidding increments, buy now pricing, and assist with coordination of silent auction platform launch).
• Assist in coordinating pre-event communications through newsletters, social, and mobile bidding platform (text, e-mail, etc.)
• Assist in working with “night of” auction platform expert during The First Five Years Celebration, prepare silent auction items for transport and display.
• Assist in coordinating post-event auction promotion and item pick-up/delivery.
• Assist with regularly checking the organization’s website, ELCOC.org, technical integrity.
• Possess Technical and creative abilities to develop and create graphic design content..
• Provides assistance to the reception area as needed.
• Provide support for Board Meetings presentations.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employee is expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence.
• Knowledge of basic customer service techniques
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees
• Ability and willingness to provide input for strategic Development and Outreach planning
• Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays or evening hours
• Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents
• Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation source to and from work. This position will require periodic travel throughout the designated business market
• Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail
• Professional appearance and presentation
• Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels
• Ability to manage volunteers for Development events
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations or related field with one year of experience required or Associates Degree (AA) with at least 5 years of progressive office support experience may be considered.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Word, WordPress, PowerPoint, Publisher, Photoshop, Adobe graphic editing suite, Adobe Spark and Canva, and ability to navigate the internet is essential.
• Ability to use Sprout Social, Constant Contact, and Greenvelope a plus
• Knowledge of development databases such as Boomerang and Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines under pressure and effectively multi-task.
• Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve and make decisions.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize projects.
• Demonstrates ability to make minor updates and postings on websites.
• Demonstrates ability to perform light accounting procedures.
• Bilingual –knowledge and ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbally and in writing a plus.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
Apply for Communications Support Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly