4 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Insurance Advocate will enroll, refer and/or assist patients in obtaining ACA Marketplace Insurance. The Benefit Advocate/Navigator will also assist patients in resolving any case issues with the Marketplace and Insurance Companies if they arise. This position is remote position till credentialed and eligible to be place onsite to assigned facility. Occasional weekend and holidays may be needed.
· Submit Marketplace applications, choosing insurance plans, securing pending documents, and HFS documents for signatures.
· Follow up on all assigned self-pay accounts (7 day, 14 day or 30 day follow-up depending on type of account -including delinquent accounts).
· Call self-pay patients and screen for Special Enrollment Period (SEP) in order to qualify for Marketplace insurance and during open enrollment.
· Answer all emails and phone messages as soon as possible but within 24 hours.
· Enter all information into HealthFund and Hospital databases.
· Stay current on all new policies and procedures.
· Participate in any required meetings and webinars.
· Provide any required reporting/invoicing data.
· May require some on site days at the local hospital.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Knowledge in policy and procedures for ACA Marketplace Insurance will receive first consideration.
· Understanding of copay, co-insurance, and deductibles with commercial insurance is helpful.
· Understanding qualifications of Medicaid and Disability is helpful.
· Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing as needed
· Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and data base systems, including other office procedures and terminology.
· Perform basic operations in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Conflict resolution techniques.
· Attention to details.
· Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
While performing the duties of this job
· Ability to sit for long periods of time entering data into the computer.
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to concentrate and stay on task for long periods of time.
· High School Diploma required.
· College Degree or some college preferred.
· Three years of related experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Care Insurance
- 401K with 401K matching
- Paid Time Off
required to wear mask, continuously sanitizing work areas
Apply for Insurance Advocate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly