ER Case Worker
4 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Our great team at Health Fund Solutions is looking for a full time Medicaid/ Disability Caseworker. The shift will be onsite in the ER, Thursday through Sunday 9:00 am to 7:30pm. Four days, ten hour shifts. Some Holidays may be required
Experience with Florida Medicaid, Disability or DCF preferred.
If you are looking for a great Company to work for that has great benefits, you have found the perfect place. Join our team and build your career as a Caseworker with our organization.
Employees will screen patient’s bedside and by phone to see if patients qualify for Federal, State and County programs which include Medicaid, Disability and ACA Marketplace Insurance. Will be responsible for submitting applications and getting all pending documentation.
The Caseworker will coordinate activities to ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for healthcare services are received for patients. This includes assisting the patients and others (family members) to complete forms, applications and other paperwork.
This position requires doing daily screenings, following up on previous applications and then follow-up on any questions on disability.
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient’s eligibility.
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, programs.
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Manage caseload.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
- Maintain database.
- Develop and retain a professional relationship with hospital staff.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managers ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to self-direct work.
- Effective stress coping skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Must be able to type 35-40 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Required working every other weekend and some holidays.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Care Insurance
- 401K and 401k matching
- Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
If interested in these great job opportunities and you have experience as a Caseworker, we would love to have you join our team.
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Apply for ER Case Worker
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly