Casualty Claims Resolution Specialist - Unrepresented
The Bodily Injury Claims Specialist will manage, investigate and resolve Bodily Injury claims assigned, as well as assisting in providing service to policyholders.
Position will be based out of the Orlando office once pandemic restrictions have been lifted. We offer flexible work arrangements to help employees balance their days.
This position is eligible for up to a $2,500 sign on bonus for candidates with an active adjuster's license.
- Manages, investigates, and resolves unrepresented Bodily Injury claims. Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels.
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Ensures adequacy of reserves.
- Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques. Negotiates settlements with attorneys, claimants, and/or co-defendants. Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Tort Law.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 6-12 months of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
- Biligual a plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.