Mechanic, Waldorf Astoria Golf Club - $100 Sign-On Bonus, $17.50 per hour
A Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the hotel's equipment and machinery in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Maintains a comprehensive preventative maintenance program, repairs broken or failing equipment, keeps record of parts and labor, orders parts and supplies, assists Head Mechanic in all areas.
Responsible for daily check in of all Golf Course equipment as well as daily maintenance of wash rack system. Maintenance of all small tools like edgers, blowers, flymowers and pushmowers.
The mechanic position will assist in daily set up of Golf Course as needed which includes mowing Greens, Tees, Fairways and Approaches.
Must be available to work 7 days a week. Schedule is typically Sunday thru Thursday between 5am and 2:30pm.
Ideally, we are seeking someone with a minimum of 6 months of previous Golf Course Mechanic experience.
What will I be doing?
As a Mechanic, you would be responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the hotel's equipment and machinery in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain, monitor, repair and conduct routine preventive maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of hotel equipment and machinery
- Conduct scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance
- Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!