Maintenance Scheduler / Planner
The Orange County, Florida, Facilities Management Division is looking for qualified candidates to provide outstanding customer service through teamwork, innovation and the development of positive relationships with our customers and teammates. We’re seeking knowledgeable problem solvers with excellent communication skills to help us with our mission to provide safe, sustainable, and well-maintained facilities and services through high standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethics. In return, we offer stable positions with excellent benefits, including membership in the State of Florida Retirement System.
We are committed to providing a work culture that emphasizes mutual respect, trust, career development, and a collaborative work environment that recognizes individual achievements.
- Plans and schedules preventive maintenance activities in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Reviews work orders, location, equipment, and inventory records in CMMS ensuring completeness and accuracy of information and provides recommendations for improvement. Completes records as required.
- Gathers information in the field to develop preventive maintenance schedules, records and updates equipment information for the Maintenance Districts on a periodic or as requested basis.
- Reviews facility/equipment history to assist District Maintenance Supervisors in the planning and replacement of equipment. Generates supporting reports as needed.
- Develops preventive maintenance forecasts using scheduling software to ensure proper resource allocation and provides recommendation for schedule improvement.
- Develops and maintains planner reference systems (library) including a file of planned job packages for recurring jobs. Equipment and process specific labor and material information within the library are used to simplify the planning of new jobs.
- Assists in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Trains personnel in the use of CMMS related software programs and data input devices.
- Performs quality assurance checks of CMMS related records and generates discrepancy reports.
- Creates and reviews plans designated by others to develop schedules and to ensure compliance with building codes and university guidelines Perform other related duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent and three years facilities management experience with skilled crafts such as HVAC, carpentry, electricity and electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing and pipe fitting, etc.
- Must have adequate trades knowledge to estimate work hours and materials.
- Must be proficient with personal computer and typical Office software, to include database input and retrieval; or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License or obtain license by hire date.
- Based on area of assignment may be required to possess and maintain the appropriate certification or license.
- May be required to provide own transportation to perform work related duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and understands maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems and related systems/software Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating, resource balancing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good working knowledge of facilities equipment and O&M requirements 4 year Technical Trade school certification, military applicable certifications, vocational training, Master License preferred in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- Associates Degree or higher education in Facilities Management, Management Information Services, Computer Science, etc.