Benefits Coordinator II
This position is responsible for coordinating and educating University employees on all University benefits; including the insurance and retirement programs sponsored by the Division of State Group Insurance, Division of Retirement, and the University. This position also serves as a liaison and subject matter expert to employees, colleges/departments, and HR liaisons regarding all University benefits.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Educate and assist employees with enrollment in university insurance plans sponsored by the Division of State Group Insurance and the University. Use advanced knowledge and expertise to provide day-to-day guidance on all aspects related to employee benefits, including employee and dependent eligibility, plan coverage, deductibles, and premiums.
- Educate and assist employees with enrollment in State retirement plans, as well as voluntary 403(b) and 457(b) plans, and 401(a) FICA Replacement Plan. Explain the complicated nature of all aspects of retirement plans clearly and concisely including IRS annual contribution limits, plan design, eligibility, enrollment process, vesting, renewed membership options, and second election process.
- Complete all tasks related to retirement processing, including conducting in-depth one-on-one retirement meetings, researching and facilitating retirement estimates, completing and certifying retirement applications, notarizing documentation, verifying service credit, and validating salary information. Answer general questions related to Social Security and Medicare benefits.
- Counsel employees and departments regarding all details of off-boarding as it relates to insurance continuation and COBRA eligibility, estimates of future insurance premiums, portability options, retirement plan distribution options, leave payout guidelines, and deferral options.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate Benefits New Hire Orientations, Open Enrollment Sessions, Financial Wellness Series, HR Liaison presentations, and other educational training as needed. Collaborate with assigned departments and colleges to plan, design, develop, and deliver training as needed and/or requested.
- Maintain knowledge and assist in coordinating university compliance of federal, state, and local health care laws, including Florida State statutes, Florida Administrative Code, Affordable Care Act, and COBRA. Maintain a broad knowledge of university regulations, policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory updates as it relates to all aspects of employee benefits. Ensure that benefit programs are being administered according to plan documents.
Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of best practices in Human Resources.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Experience with Florida State Group Insurance and Retirement System.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking.
- Understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- PHR or SHRM-CP professional designations preferred.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.