Line Cook / Prep Cook
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits at this location engages your potential new hire better than at other places in the job ad. Remember to tell your potential applicants about things like weekend work, flexible schedules, weightlifting requirements, and standing for long periods of time. Also, describe benefits that set you apart, such as food and beverage discounts, uniform cleaning and maintenance, commuter benefits, and tuition credits.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices