SUPERVISOR OF PAYROLL & ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
6 days left
- Career Level
The Supervisor of Payroll and Accounts Payable is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the payroll and accounts payable functions, including ongoing operations, customer service, policies and procedures, controls, data integrity, efficient use of systems, and vendor relationship management. Balances key responsibilities of managing resources, tracking, reporting on and improving operations. Resolves complex escalated issues when necessary. Directly manages payroll and accounts payable staff.
• Manages and oversees the administration of all payroll functions. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of payroll. Ensures payroll inquiries and discrepancies are resolved as they arise from management, employees, HR, vendors, and agencies.
• Manages and oversees accounts payable functions, including disbursements, vendor relations, and reconciliations with the goal of increasing AP efficiency and improving AP processes.
• Manages and oversees production of payments on a bi-weekly basis including regular wages, special calculations, garnishments, child support, taxable fringe benefits, and all other earnings/deduction information.
• Manages year-end processing including W-2 reconciliation, preparation, printing, and distribution/publishing.
• Works closely with Human Resources to ensure accurate processing.
• Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly review of pending and completed transaction reports and transaction registers. Ensures accuracy and work schedules proceed on time and makes necessary adjustments as warranted.
• Participates in development and/or revision and implementation of accounting operation procedures and systems to meet organizational needs, state requirements, and federal regulations.
• Ensures that key accounts payable and payroll process risks are identified and that the appropriate level of controls are implemented and operating effectively to ensure integrity in the process.
• Consults with managers, employees, government agencies, and vendors to resolve problems.
• Manages the processing of special check requests, tax levies, and garnishments to ensure compliance with established policies and statutory requirements.
• Responsible for monthly balance sheet and account reconciliation. Reconciles payroll pension withholding and payments.
• Responsible for full-cycle sandbox payroll testing prior to, and after upgrade products to Ceridian Dayforce including approvals, settlements, and integrations to ensure accuracy.
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business from a regionally or nationally accredited institution plus a minimum of five years of payroll and accounts payable experience; or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience. Qualifying experience to include two years as a payroll supervisor.
• Payroll management experience in the public sector
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR GOLYNX WEBSITE