Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I
The Department of Housing and Residence Life is seeking an Administrative Assistant I. This position serves as a customer service representative and manages the operations for the Housing Administrative Services building, serves as the primary point of contact for visitors and staff; and acts as an assistant to the Marketing team for housing.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining office and reception desk
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Answer telephone and in-person inquiries regarding staff located at this building, keys office, and general questions
- Submits work orders for maintenance and housekeeping needs for the facility
- Assists with Marketing Team events, publications, tours, and promotions as needed:
- Assist with setup and maintain storage of items for events such as Open Houses, Orientations, and other events for the department
- Acts as backup staff for tours, including special group tours
- Represents the department at university events as needed
- Maintains security and inventory of keys for tours
- Oversee use and reservations for shared department vehicles including vans and golf carts, specifically those stationed at building 159
- Assists with essential move-in and move-out tasks for all communities:
- Places, stores, and maintains directional signage
- Assists with distribution of all move-in materials, including procedural documents, marketing materials, and promotional items
- May be delegated limited authority to supervise Housing Ambassador student staff in clerical and administrative tasks
- Oversees online process for requests for flyers or promotions in halls, distributes materials as needed
- Assists the Marketing Specialist with direct mail campaigns and running lists as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SDES - Housing and Residence Life
Mon-Fri; 8 am-5 pm, hours may vary at times.
Type of Appointment:
$32,703 - Negotiable
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 0+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with administrative support
- Prior experience with office management
- Some prior experience with event planning and coordination
- Some prior experience with inventory management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The ability to work collaboratively and creatively
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Health Assessment Required:
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.