Experience Kissimmee is the official tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County, Florida. We promote the destination domestically and around the world to potential leisure, business, and sports travelers. Our team develops and implements sales, marketing and communications programs that encourage more than 9 million overnight guests annually. Our goal is to further our popular Central Florida destination’s reputation as being a top vacation spot by positioning Kissimmee as perfectly Whelmed – the perfect balance of thrilling adventures and relaxing moments.
Our Marketing and sales programs and campaigns highlight Kissimmee’s easy access to legendary theme parks and immersive outdoor experiences. Visitors can stay their way at more than 70,000 accommodations options, including 50,000 private vacation homes.
We work directly with our 900+ local Industry Partners to tell the Kissimmee story and all there is to see and do in this sunny location.
Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This role performs administrative and office support to the Marketing and Communications leadership team as well as the Business Applications and Insights leadership team.
This administrative assistant will telecommute and primarily work from home. Occasionally in-person meetings will be required at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Kissimmee, FL and throughout the Kissimmee/Osceola County destination; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Maintain calendars for the VP of Marketing and Communications as well as the VP of Business Applications and Insights.
- Assist with reoccurring reports and presentations by preparing slides and uploading the final slides into the PPT presentation.
- Maintain record keeping of all Marketing and Communications invoices to include marketing and communications agencies and vendors. Process all invoices by coding the invoice with appropriate account codes, routing for signature and delivering to Finance for payment in a timely manner. If needed communicate with agencies and vendors and internal Accounting Department regarding payments.
- Process invoices for the Business Applications and Insights Team. This includes coding the invoice with appropriate account codes, routing for signature and delivering to Finance for payment in a timely manner. If needed communicate with agencies and vendors and internal Accounting Department regarding payments.
- Track all Marketing expenses. Maintain budget tracking for campaigns, etc.
- Prepare travel authorizations and following approval make travel arrangements and complete the expense reports for final approval and payment for the two VPs.
- Upload receipts from corporate credit card expenses, accurately code with account codes.
- Coordinate the monthly office supply orders for the Marketing and Communications and Business Applications and Insights Departments by communicating when orders will be placed and submitting needed items for approval.
- Assist with sourcing and ordering promotional items as needed.
- Assist with influencer logistics (coordinating and booking details of the itineraries).
- Assist with Communications team with reoccurring reports.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects, which may include planning and coordination of meetings and conferences, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating shipments of marketing materials, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects.
- Responsible for set up for meetings with visitors or internal team members.
- Coordinate projects specific to the area where support has been designated those entails use of excel for reporting and/or the CRM database. This includes use of the organizational inventory system and physical trips to the warehouse for inventory counts.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum associate’s degree and two years of related experience. Will substitute experience for education. Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet. CRM database experience is also required.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
We are a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.