Sanitation Helper - Sanitor
Sanitors are responsible for cleaning areas of equipment/ utensils according to the written sanitation cleaning procedures. To insure a thorough cleaning of equipment/ utensils that is free of contamination or potential contamination.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of food safety and product quality through the cleaning and sanitation of food processing equipment, utensils, and the facility.
- Experience working with sanitation tools, chemicals, & food safety required.
- Vacuum and sweeping of floors and wash equipment.
- Take apart and reassemble equipment, internal cleaning –rounders, improofers, etc.
- Check flour system and daily flour tailings.
- Remove paper garbage (ingredient boxes/bags), as well as the removal of animal waste dumpsters.
- Clean production offices, maintenance shop, lunchroom, locker rooms, and lobby.
- Observing and reporting of pest activity.
- Cleaning of conveyors, catch pans, spirals, and brushes.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of packaging equipment and plastic conveyors.
- Remove rust and any flaking paint from equipment and paint when necessary.
- To clean outside of building, sidewalks, roof, flour box, outside doors, etc.
- Vacuum outside screens when needed, parking lots and do snow removal.
- Clean and pressure wash proofers and retarder.
- Wash dough trough, metal detector bins, garbage containers, divider equipment, oven racks, dough racks, etc.
- Sort and bale recycle materials.
- Wash floors – scrubber.
- Cleaning shipping and warehouse (equipment, cardboard, plastic and ingredients).
- Clean ovens (outside and in).
- Prior food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to quickly grasp tasks quickly.
- Reliability and dependability is a key factor for success with the company
- Background check and physical with drug screen required.