Packaging General Helper
Job Summary: To handle and package all bread and roll products in the highest quality and in a timely manner, according to job function, process controls, product specifications.
Position Responsibilities / Objectives
- Ensure that there is sufficient amount of material (trays, boxes, closures, bags, etc.) to perform tasks.
- Must follow and execute all safety procedures.
- Ensure proper product specification: specified packaging material, pieces per package, proper closures, proper code information, proper carton, specified number of units per tray, packages arranged with tails facing inward.
- Ensure that Packaging Line is running at proper speed for product being packaged.
- Determine damaged product (out of specification) and discard product.
- Use any down time to assist with cleaning the department and packaging line and for preparing trays and boxes.
- Good communication skills and ability to quickly grasp tasks quickly.
- Reliability and dependability is a key factor for success with the company
- Background check and physical with drug screen required.