Marketplace Attendant - Embassy Suites
Title: Marketplace Attendant
Department: Food & Beverage
Location: Orlando, Florida
As a Marketplace Attendant, you would be responsible for assisting guests and selling merchandise in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet and acknowledge guests upon arrival in the shop
- Demonstrate knowledge of merchandise, styling and pricing
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Assist in conducting inventory and ensure adequate merchandise supply levels
- Handle small culinary equipment such as pizza over, coffee maker and juice dispenser.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform deep cleaning projects of the marketplace as assigned.
- Knows and follows all company, environmental, health and safety management programs.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
SEPCIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Must be a great team player and be flexible to complete any additional tasks assigned by management while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to cash register, 10-key adding machine, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently.
- Must have proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Able to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible, as well as ability to distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
- Twist, lift up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 20 pounds to clean, create merchandise displays, maintain inventory levels, and perform other job duties.
- Knowledge of product information to enhance a professional sales approach.
- Ability to remain upright/standing for extended period.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
**Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered**