Fabrication Shop Manager
The Fabrication Shop Manager is responsible for overseeing our Scenic/Paint, CNC, Welding, and Carpentry operations within our Exhibits & Environments division. The Fabrication Shop Manager will have direct reports which include the Scenic/Paint, CNC, Welding, Carpentry and Installation teams. Our teams build custom stage and exhibit components in house using the latest techniques coupled with superior craftsmanship. Our team members get their hands dirty every day, physically turning raw materials into beautiful scenic elements. This is our magic workshop...the place where plans, drawings and renderings emerge as full-scale project components, ready for installation.
The Fabrication Shop Manager, Exhibits & Environments will be tasked with developing and evolving best practice processes and tools to maximize the efficiency of our team. The ideal candidate enjoys working with clients from diverse industries, handling multiple projects at once, excels at problem solving, and thrives in a deadline-driven environment. All while helping develop a world class team.
- Ensure processes are in place in support of the company goals and objectives.
- Manage and maintain a safe and clean, well organized shop environment.
- Develop, maintain, and report metrics to objectively gauge efficiency, productivity.
- Participate in design reviews, review 3D models and drawings. Offer suggestions for improvements.
- Assist with project estimating, by providing labor and material cost estimates.
- Manage and maintain all of the shop equipment.
- Plan, assign, and review the work of the department.
- Establishes deadlines, develops goals, and determines production standards for the group.
- Perform supervisory duties related to training, performance reviews, promotions and performance improvement plans.
- Work with Management Team and Project Management to keep production on schedule, within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Day to day problem solving (Technical, Process, Employee etc. )
- Responsible for managing safety efforts to keep compliant with OSHA Safety Standards
- Able to find new processes and techniques reduce cost and raise production while keeping quality standards
- Recruit and hire highly skilled full time and part time employees as projects require
- Travel to job sites if required
- Directly manage a team of 5+ personnel
- Other duties as assigned
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of fabrication shop experience
- Deep understanding and experience with metal working, CNC, welding, paint, and wood working processes
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and design packets
- Experience leading and effectively motivating project teams comprised of technical, fabrication, and administrative personnel, coordinating workflow, motivating crews on-site, and enforcing strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Understanding of fabrication and construction project management
- Ability to work and think independently and ensure meeting deadlines
- Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
- Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills
- Capable of managing budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge interpreting and managing WIP and P&L reports
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft applications
- Health Insurance with Employer Contribution
- Dental, Health, Vision
- Employer Provided Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K with employer match
- Supplemental Benefits
Solomon Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.