ABOUT SOLOMON GROUP
We are Entertainment. Solomon Group is a live experiences studio full of dreamers and doers, artists, designers, craftsmen, strategists, and innovators. We are where technology and art meet. We are the future of entertainment.
Let's Inspire Everyone, Together.
Solomon Group is always on the lookout for motivated, talented individuals to join our team. We’re currently hiring for a Carpentry Manager on our Carpentry team. Our team of Carpenters build custom stage and exhibit components in house using the latest techniques coupled with superior craftsmanship. Our team members get their hands dirty every day, physically turning raw materials into beautiful scenic elements. This is our magic workshop...the place where plans sketches and renderings emerge as full-scale project components, ready for installation.
At Solomon Group, we work on several productions at once. So you must be quick on your feet (and with your hands), motivated, thrive in a deadline-driven environment and enjoy new and creative ways to employ your skill set. You must have the ability to come up with creative solutions, thrive in a fast paced environment and most of all, be truly passionate about events. A flexible schedule is also a must since most of our projects take place during nights, weekends and holidays.
This is a full-time position based in Orlando, FL.
- Able to lead/track builds through the all shop departments in absence of Project Lead
- Coordinate with Project lead for Daily PL reports
- Able to run the shop floor, on a weekend or night shift.
- Coordinating with Project Lead to complete builds on schedule
- Delegate tasks to each team assigned to a project
- Keeps up with job paperwork and makes adjustments as needed to the finish notes
- Can do material take offs and submit material requests to the Foreman for approval
- Runs their respective crews on the jobsite. This includes scheduling, managing the crew and communicating with other departments about timelines and installs
- Informs Manager of any issues on the jobsite / gives daily updates
- Stays familiar with all job paperwork so they can update as needed in the shop
- Takes on the larger / time consuming aspects of the job so the Project Lead can focus on the job overall
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the safe use of advanced woodworking tools and materials.
- Knowledge of standard carpentry techniques.
- Knowledge of special surfaces, laminates, and veneers.
- Knowledge of the techniques for the proper application of specialty surfaces.
- Basic measuring, dimensioning, and efficient materials usage knowledge.
- Health Insurance with Employer Contribution
- Dental, Health, Vision
- Employer Provided Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with employer match
- Supplemental Benefits
Solomon Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.