Maintenance Tech (Part Time)
At the Crayola Experience, we are ambassadors for the power of color and creativity. Each day, we help children discover the magic of color through hands-on experiences that allow them to express their unique ideas so they blossom into inspired, original adults. Help children discover the magic by joining us as a...
Maintenance Technician (Part Time)
Performs the general maintenance of Crayola Experience attractions, manufacturing equipment, and facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to service requests during operating hours.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs of machinery, AV equipment, exhibit components, and facility systems (lighting, plumbing, HVAC). This can include, but is not limited to, general painting, minor carpentry work, and minor plumbing.
• Install and teardown attractions.
• Troubleshoot problems and helps to determine when external assistance is required (contractors) and what parts to order.
• Loads and unloads maintenance and/or attraction specific deliveries.
• Responsible for maintaining order in the basement storage.
• Make repairs using power tools.
• Routinely checks facility for inadequate lighting and replaces bulbs as necessary, and make ceiling repairs using a power lift or ladder.
• Follow schedules and protocols for changing facility air and water filters.
• Previous maintenance experience or a technical degree required.
• Demonstrate mechanical ability.
• Must be self-starter, organized, and able to work independently.
• Required to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed for the operation.
• Must work according to established procedures and maintain safety of the work environment frequented by young children and families and must be aware of safe work habits at all times.
• Ability to operate fork lift, electric pallet jack, use a power lift, ladder, and power tools.
• Some locations require a Crayola forklift certification to be maintained.
• Must be able to lift and/or move equipment, exhibit components, move tables, chairs and supplies.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts (i.e. outside contractors, repair technicians, facility visitors, and staff).
• Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Must be able to assist with snow removal and sidewalk salting in the winter and sidewalk power washing in the other seasons.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: (List environment requirements, travel, equipment used etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; talk and hear. The employee must frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHY CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE?
- Free admission to Crayola Experience for employees
- Free admission tickets for family and friends
- Education Assistance Program
- Product discounts at Crayola Experience retail store
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous food discounts in the Crayola Experience Cafe
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and local services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel, and entertainment
- Fun contests and cool prizes
- Company sponsored employee events
- Company matched 401k
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and establishing written contingent and retained search firm agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human Resources.