Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Parkway - Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Parkway Property Investments, LLC (“Parkway”) is a privately-owned, full-service real estate investment firm. Parkway is led by a seasoned management team with a strong track record of success over the past 30 years that includes the acquisition, development, and sale of tens of billions of dollars of commercial real estate across the country. Our team is comprised of 180+ individuals across the Sun Belt region who continually strive to provide best-in-class service to our partners, tenants, and fellow colleagues.
About the Role
Parkway is seeking a Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist who will be an integral part of the Human Resources team based in Orlando, Florida. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Senior Benefits and Payroll Specialist will utilize program management skills to lead the day-to-day administration of the Company’s benefit plans and multi-state payroll function, in coordination with a variety of third-party benefit and payroll vendors. This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to showcase their in-depth knowledge across the benefits and payroll functions while building relationships and strengthening employee engagement across all levels of the company.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day administration of employee health and welfare programs, 401(k) plan, and worker’s compensation policy, including the development of wellness and engagement initiatives.
- Day-to-day administration of the Company’s multi-state payroll function in coordination with third-party payroll vendor.
- Building and maintaining relationships between the Company and various third parties such as insurance carriers, broker, benefits administrator, payroll vendor, etc.
- Serving as the internal point of contact for employees and managers regarding benefit, payroll, tax and reporting inquiries.
- Leading the planning and execution of annual benefits enrollment activities and educational programs and activities that relate to health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring leaves of absence and leave-related benefits are administered appropriately.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering health and welfare plans.
- Must be skilled in and have 3+ years’ recent hands-on experience with ADP’s Workforce Now.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll in an HRIS/third-party payroll service environment.
- High school diploma required; BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar course of study preferred.
- Benefits, Payroll and/or Human Resources certification preferred (e.g., CEBS, PHR, CPP).
Parkway has partnered with Robert Half Talent Solutions to assist in filling this role.