Associate Director of Web Design
Marketing & Communications
For the 12th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Rollins College Office of Marketing is seeking a creative and service-oriented Associate Director of Web Design to join their team! Reporting to the Senior Director of Web & Digital Strategy, the Associate Director of Web Design will be responsible for the planning, comprehensive design, development, and technical support services across multiple platforms for front-end Rollins web properties to support campus-wide initiatives and goals. You will work closely with members of the Marketing team, Admission team, in-house IT technical staff, and external vendors as needed.
- Total Rewards & Compensation:25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 10 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Free Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- Free Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- Free E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design the College's creative, highly usable, and responsive Jamstack-based website and associated landing pages based on the College’s goals using Sanity.io, our headless Content Management System (CMS) and GatsbyJS, a React-based static-site generator, and the legacy CMS (Hannon Hill Cascade).
- As part of the web and digital marketing team, implement the best design for the College’s web presence and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with content strategists/copywriters to create web properties that advance the Rollins brand, engage critical audiences, and help achieve marketing, enrollment, and other business goals.
- Engage in out-of-the-box thinking to generate ideas that best capture desired visual and content elements.
- Present concepts to team members, create low fidelity wireframes, and produce mockups.
- Optimize designs for usability, browser/device compatibility, and accessibility.
- Perform site coding tasks, such as setting up pages layouts, menus, content views/blocks, and taxonomies.
- Design and develop email templates within CRM (Technolutions Slate and HubSpot) or third-party email software (MailChimp).
- Participate in website quality assurance testing.
- Work with leadership team in setting web policies and web guidelines for rollins.edu.
- Work with leadership team to foster a supportive and creative atmosphere.
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skill sets:
- Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years of related field experience.
- Experience in the website development life cycle from start to finish.
- Experience with cross-browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) and cross-platform (PC, mobile, etc.) issues.
- Experience creating functional specifications and estimations for projects.
- Demonstrated strong skills in modern HTML and CSS along with experience in CSS frameworks, such as Tailwind CSS.
- Experience designing and developing for responsive design sites and landing pages.
- Familiarity with sourcing content using methods such as GraphQL or RESTful APIs.
- Expert design foundation with expertise in grid-based design, web typography, white space, balance, and color harmony.
- Knowledge of user experience and UI best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; exceptionally attentive to detail.
- Ability to apply best-practices knowledge such as WC3, 508 compliance and other web design standards.
- Ability to work with diverse clients in support of high-priority university initiatives utilizing above-average interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, respond to shifting priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Figma and Illustrator.
- Working in-person, on campus, in an office/field environment.
- Work requires visual strain and use of computer.
- Overtime, evenings, and weekends may be required as needed.
To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About the Rollins' Office of Marketing:
The Rollins College’s Office of Marketing is dedicated to advancing the College’s brand, mission, and vision through marketing and branding initiatives that build increasing strength in our admissions markets and generosity from our philanthropic supporters, with the goal of strengthening revenue and thus ensuring the college’s mission and prosperity.
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.