Tech II, Staging
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the highly skilled, discipline specific, technical operations within an assigned Entertainment venue or event to ensure show quality and a positive guest experience.
- Functions as the discipline specific crew chief assigned to an Entertainment Venue or Event. Responsible to monitor and enforce all policies and procedures as defined by the Entertainment Department governing the safe operation of all technical equipment. Safe watch employees by assisting to manage proper breaks and ensure lunches are taken by their perspective crews.
- Expected to accomplish tasks as directed by Lead/Supervisor that supports the team mission with little supervision after direction is given. Facilitates and troubleshoots with accountability for completion of team objectives from Leads/Supervisor.
- Assists Technician I with daily maintenance of the Entertainment Venue/Event in order to ensure all Technical equipment is operational and functioning properly.
- Assists the Technician I in implementing show quality and performance standards as defined by Entertainment Management.
- Responsible for effectively communicating necessary information which pertains to the technical operation of the assigned entertainment venue/event, to both upper management as well as employees of the venue/event.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required.
- One to three years experience within the assigned technical discipline required.
- Prior experience within the professional theme park/theater industry in a technical capacity (audio, staging, video, lighting) preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE