Surgical Technician - Surgery - Winnie Palmer Hospital
Department: WPH Surgery
Status: Variable Full Time
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies provides programs and services focusing on the unique needs of women and babies. Orlando Health Winnie Palmer provides specialized care that covers all facets of women's health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births. It is recognized by the World Health Organization and UNICEF as Baby-Friendly, is certified in perinatal care by The Joint Commission, is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care and is designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology and in Robotic Surgery. Orlando Health Winnie Palmer welcomes nearly 14,000 babies each year. The hospital's 350beds include 142 neonatal intensive care beds, making it one of the largest neonatal intensive care units under one roof in the country.
The WPH Peri-Operative Department includes the Operating Room Suite, the Pre-Anesthesia Care Area, and Post Anesthesia Care Unit
The WPH Peri-Operative Department, in conjunction with Anesthesia Services, offers perioperative care to in and outpatient females who meet the anesthesia ASA Class I, II, III or IV physical status criteria of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
• The major services include elective surgical procedures and GYN Oncology Procedures for women.
• Patients having local, general, monitored anesthesia care, or regional anesthesia are treated.
• The surgical service staffs are scheduled to provide flexible nursing care and services for elective scheduled, urgent and emergency cases around the clock.
• WPH Surgery Department provides coverage for urgent and emergent cases 24/7.
Winnie Palmer Hospital is seeking for Surgical Technician to demonstrate a clear understanding of sterile technique. Has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Successful completion of:
- Surgical Technology training program; or
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Reviews preference and verifies case cart completely prior to case.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
- Able to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the various steps associated with the procedure.
- Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
- Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in Environments of Care activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clear, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 83 W. Miller St (WPH) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.