Assistant Pastry Cook
A Pastry Cook is responsible for working in tandem with our pastry chef in prepping, producing and baking different types of pastries, Croissant, Danish and breakfast breads, for our wholesale customers.
What will You be doing?
As a Pastry Cook, you would be assisting our pastry chef in prepping, producing and baking different types of pastries. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare pastry food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Stock, maintain and ensure proper storage and refrigeration of an adequate supply of all prepared product
- Develop new products and skills, as needed
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Finish baked products according to specifications
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1998 Olde Hearth has been a leader in the baking industry in Central Florida. Today, we remain a standard of quality, innovation and success. This continued leadership is the result of our team members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional Bread and Pastries to our customers.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
- A minimum of one-year pastry production experience or enrollment in a baking/pastry program.
- The ability to work late night and/or early morning shifts and weekends
- Physical stamina and manual dexterity are required to perform this job. You must be able to lift 50lbs or more and to work standing for long periods of time.
- You must be self-motivated, reliable, and honest and be able to perform your job without close supervision.
- You must be able to successfully communicate with all of your coworkers and the company management.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.