Physician Coder II - Orlando Health - Patient Accounting 1st Shift - Orlando Health Medical Group
The experienced Physician Coder accurately and efficiently accesses all information systems to secure and assemble all necessary physician records in order to accurately code professional physician and/or physician extender services.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Completion of coding certificate program required
· Computer/typing literacy, knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical terminology required.
· Thorough knowledge of CPT, ICD coding as evidenced by results of coding skills test of 75% or better.
One of the following national certifications:
· Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders renewed every year
· Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) renewed
· Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through the American Health Information Management Association
(AHIMA) renewed every year.
· Certified Coding Associate (CCA) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) renewed every year.
One year certified coding or billing experience in professional or physician practice coding.
· Reviews medical records and codes physician services utilizing official classification systems.
· Verifies billable physician services by reviewing physician documentation for adherence to the “Physician at Teaching Hospital”
rules set forth by the federal government.
· Submits to their Senior Coder any issues or trends found within the documentation of a particular healthcare provider for
evaluation and follow up.
· Collaborates with members of the specialty team to consistently monitor financial goals within their specialty in order to satisfy
· Interfaces with the Central Business Office to ensure appropriate and complete follow up of patient accounts in order to maximize
· Communicates effectively with physicians, physician extenders, physician offices, members of the coding team and manager.
· Utilizes resource material available in department to support accurate coding practices.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Demonstrates good communication skills both verbal and written.
· Provides data for production reports
· Maintains 90% accuracy rate.
· Attends departmental and other meetings as scheduled.
· Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida's largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients' needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
physician practice coding. CPC, CCS , CCA or CCS-P, CPC Coder, physician coding, req