Analyst, IT Governance & Compliance
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with daily and long-term administration of the IT Compliance Management process for Universal Parks and Resorts (UPR). Assist and lead various compliance and business continuity related initiatives, including developing conceptual ideas into actionable implementation plans, monitoring, analyzing and execution of compliance and business continuity projects based on requirements including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, Safe Harbor, Red Flag, IT Policies, etc. This position helps facilitate the creation of many of these initiatives as well as the regular operation of the activities defined.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for IT Compliance items. Assists with the administration and maintenance of policies and procedures for effective compliance management for all applicable IT related rules and regulations. Creates and monitors systems and management processes for effective compliance reporting and remediation. Manages remediation activities to ensure ongoing regulatory processes are followed.
- Collaborates with internal customers including HR, Security and Internal Audit, users, staff members, and IT colleagues to assist in the definition, development, and documentation of compliance related business requirements; objectives; deliverables; and specifications for projects and activities.
- Manages IT Patch Compliance for all servers and endpoints with the UPR Parks environments. Regularly scheduled audits and reviews of the compliance process and assets to ensure compliance with mandated service levels (all high/critical patches within 30 days of patch release). Must lead resolution teams to address any non-compliance items.
- Work closely with the Change Management process and applicable parties to ensure SOX, PCI and Internal Controls compliance and minimize change risks of IT production environment and report situations of non-compliance.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for ensuring UPR's IT Compliance for all Theme Parks and other commerce areas. This includes Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan and all other UPR commerce areas. Responsible for supervisory role for short term IT compliance and business continuity projects.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- IT Project Management proficiency
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Associate's degree (AA) is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Other: Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of AA/BS degrees
- Extensive experience working in IT with 5+ years in a Compliance role that includes defining strategy, implementing new processes, project management, vendor and contract management.
- Experience with hardware/software compliance lifecycle including regulations such as PCI, HIPAA, SOX etc.; ITIL Foundations preferred.
- IT Business Continuity planning experience preferred, especially IT Disaster Recovery planning.
- Working understanding of IT system platforms.
- Extensive process documenting experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with applicable data security, compliance and privacy practice laws.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadline.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE