Senior Engineer, Cloud Security
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Engineer, Cloud Security's role is to define and lead the secure implementation of cloud based technical and architecture-based solutions for Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR). This role will serve as the part of the Information Security Architecture team in the IT Governance & Information Security (Gov & InfoSec) organization, providing leadership with respect to all aspects of secure cloud computing, including making technology decisions in screening, analyzing and evaluating of technology market trends that can improve the security posture of cloud based enterprise systems. This role partners with other cyber security teams and UPR stakeholders to support the design, development, and deployment of secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and technical guidance across many different technology stacks and platforms.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Security technical lead on the key initiative for solution evaluations providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) through development, enhancements, review, pilots, trials, delivery, & new technology for cloud based enterprise systems of all sizes and complexity defining the principles to determine technology decisions between the business user requirements and the system being designed.
- Engage with cyber security engineer peers at Universal Parks and at NBCUniversal to define strategies, work statements, tracking milestones & resolving issues across technology platforms that enable business goals. Facilitate information design initiative prioritization discussions.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with client group leadership to identify and assess business requirements; provide insights and recommendations to meet those needs.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or Cyber Security required
- Master's degree preferred; or combined applicable work experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working in a technical area as part of a large team (Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, DevSecOps, Infrastructure, Networking, Cyber Security, Architecture)
- 5+ years of experience securing Windows and Linux Server systems in a hybrid cloud environment
- 5+ years of experience managing automation tools in hybrid cloud environment
- Knowledge of cloud platform CLIs and SDKs/API tools
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms
- Knowledge of compute technologies
- Knowledge of cloud storage technologies
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Azure, AWS, GCP, VMware certifications highly desirable.
- Experience securing cloud native and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience designing and deploying hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience evaluating cloud application requirements and making security recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning
- Experience with scripting and automation tools for cloud environments
- Knowledge of the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Must have the ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members of the organization
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
- Must have the ability to travel for training, conferences or supported business locations
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE