Technician Equipment Maintenance – Water Parks
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for attraction recovery, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of basic animation/special effects and mechanical systems.
- Responds to and assists in recovery and repair of attractions and show effects.
- Troubleshoots failed components using basic forms of test equipment, schematics/prints, leak detection equipment and other specialized tools, equipment, and resources.
- Performs basic preventative and predictive maintenance as prescribed by OEM and UO Engineering specifications to include changing time-limited parts, calibrating equipment per OEM specifications as well as basic cleaning and lubricating to maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Completes inspections and creates necessary work orders for discrepancies found. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs basic repairs to equipment due to safety, reliability or show quality issues found during inspections or downtimes to maintain equipment reliability and show quality.
- Performs simple modifications per UO Engineering or OEM specifications.
- Enters follow-up work orders for all discrepancies found. Documents all findings and work performed throughout the process of troubleshooting and performing repairs. Reports labor in Maximo for all work performed.
- Completes PQS qualification of assigned venues. Trains new technicians to do venue-specific work orders, recovery procedures and processes.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for inspection, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and basic repair of animation/special effects and mechanical systems facility wide.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years experience in troubleshooting and repair of basic to moderately complex systems that includes one or more of the following – electrical/PLC controls, electro-mechanical devices, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment either in a water park, theme park, or other industrial industries.-Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver's License – required to operate company vehicles.
- Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of controlled decent devices down severely angled lifts. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
- Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of high reaches greater than 85ft. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE