Health Services - Paramedic
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the supervisor the paramedic will provide initial medical care for UO employees and guests and complete required paperwork. The paramedic will work within protocols as determined by the medical director.
- Strictly adheres to and actively promotes all Health Services policies and procedures and Standing Orders while performing duties.
- Examines and treats all Universal Orlando guests and employee injuries and illness according to company protocols and using sound paramedic judgment.
- Provides timely documentation for each team member and guest completely, legibly and accurately; documenting the appropriate assessment and treatments; documenting on the appropriate paperwork and electronic files. Provides copies and files documents as required.
- Authorizes treatment for team members to receive outside medical care.
- Notifies supervisors off all team members and guests sent off property for further treatment.
- Completes shift responsibilities to include, opening and closing checklists, restocking supplies at bases, airway bags and shared department packs and equipment. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains professional appearance and actions at all times. Presents in uniform as outlined by UO policy and department uniform standards and Team Member handbook.
- Remains current on all department and UO changes or directives, reviews Health Service homepage daily, department communication boards and asks supervisor clarifying questions.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs and program development activities as required or requested.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- FL Paramedic Certification
- Basic Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life Support
- 1 year work experience as a Licensed Paramedic
- Hospital care provider- ER or urgent care experience required
- Park attraction experience helpful.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- FL Driver's License
- FL Paramedic Certification
- Mandatory certification as BLS provider and Advance cardiac life support provider
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.