Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Performs general administration support duties for the Office of the CEO and selected direct reports to include but not limited to, coordination of paperwork and records, including scanning, photocopying, faxing, mailing, data entry, filing and taking notes and compiling minutes for meetings. Duties include data entry for multiple program efforts, use of fiscal tracking systems and paperwork in support of program initiatives, and generating reports using a full range of computer software, including spreadsheets and word processing
- Provides primary backup for receptionist.
- Creates reception schedule.
- Primary contact for customer service calls.
- Back up receiving.
- Coordination of department inventory for project supplies and materials.
- Schedule training room appointments for Training Room A & B and Richard E. Morrison conference rooms.
- Arranges travel for authorized personnel to include booking airfares and hotel reservations.
- Registers authorized employee for conference and seminars.
- Coordinate and ensures accurate and timely submission and documentation of purchase order requests (E-Req), credit card authorizations, and check requests for the Executive Department.
- Assist with All Staff meetings.
- Participate in the Executive department assigned meetings (board committee/taskforce meetings), providing support with notes and minutes as well as follow up action items.
- Assist with filing and organizing documents for CEO, Board and Committee meetings.
- Assist with Board Packet and board preparation meetings.
- Assists with public notices for meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date Board and Committee meeting calendar and reservation of meeting rooms including website calendar.
- Updates Board Directory, including DEL SR Plan update
- Prepares CEO Expense report.
- Update CEO contacts
- CEO filing and/scanning CEO documents to save on SharePoint
- Assists Finance & Research Departments as needed.
- Prepare and send correspondence letters as needed.
- Enter data for multiple projects in an accurate manner.
- Conduct research as directed.
- Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence.
- Ability to take accurate meeting notes.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents.
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Intermediate skills in Outlook.
- Ability to navigate and perform research using the Internet. Experience using SharePoint.
- Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays or evening hours.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of competing tasks, program responsibilities and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree (AA) and one year office support experience or a minimum of 5 years of progressive office support experience preferred.
- Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in English and Spanish language both verbally and in writing preferred.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines under pressure and effectively multi-task.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize projects.
- Demonstrates ability to make minor updates and postings on websites.
- Demonstrates ability to perform light accounting procedures.