Cook - The Learning Center at Lake Buena Vista
Lake Buena Vista, FL
- NEW UPGRADED HOURLY PAY RATES
- Non-exempt Team Members assigned to work at the YMCA Learning Center locations at Lake Buena Vista and / or Sherberth will receive weekend shift differential pay. That is an additional hourly rate on top of the base hourly rate for all hours worked on Saturday and / or Sunday shifts.
- Immediate openings for Full-time and Part-time
This individual will be responsible for providing excellent quality of food and service to enrolled children at the YMCA of Central Florida Learning Centers located at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Prepare nutritious meals and snacks for enrolled children. Prepare substitute items for children on restricted diets, if applicable.
- Assist Family Center leadership in overseeing the operations of the food program, including hygiene, meal planning and preparation, food distribution to rooms.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of kitchen facilities at all times in compliance with all Child Care Food Program guidelines requirements and all public health regulations regarding food storage and preparation.
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials of the food program.
- Process food orders, as well as unload and stock supplies.
- Must provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality food program.
- Must work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with the food program.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Strongly Preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of commercial cooking experience required.
- Food Handlers Certification and HACCP Training required.
- Must be able to prepare quality meals for large groups, follow recipes, and meet nutritional needs for family style and pre-portion style serving.
- Experience working in an environment consisting of children, such as a childcare facility environment preferred.
- Must possess an understanding of all state or local regulations.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write in English to prepare meals, identify food allergies / restrictions, meal planning, ingredients, and ensure appropriate food hygiene.
- Experience and ability to be able to use commercial cooking equipment.
- Must be capable of working under pressure as well as organizing and planning efficiently.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal, DCF, and drug screening.
- The Walt Disney Company announced that all salaried and non-union hourly cast members working at any of its sites in the U.S. must be fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. This requirement has been extended to apply to employees providing on-site child care at The Walt Disney Company's U.S. locations, including child care provided by third parties. Accordingly, all YMCA Team Members working in areas that serve Disney Cast Members will be required to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, unless entitled by law to an accommodation or alternate standard.