Membership Engagement Specialist - YMCA of Central Florida
We are seeking Full-time and Part- time Membership Engagement Specialists to join our growing centralized Call Center team. They are responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely processing of various open Account Receivable functions; including but not limited to, outstanding account payments, refunds, adjustments, phone support, email inquiries, account reconciliation, administrative reporting data, and information in support of assigned Family Center(s).
- Follow and maintain collections process to minimize delinquent account losses and renewals. Assist in identifying and managing delinquent membership and program accounts.
- Processes membership account payments, reconcile cash, checks, refund requests, online program payments, and credit cards to ledger postings.
- Prepare and analyze various A/R related reports.
- Effectively communicate any collection issues with related departments and management.
- Provide support for incoming calls related to membership account, program account, online account support, and general account inquiries.
- Contact members with outstanding payments and past due accounts by phone, mail and email to maximize collection efforts.
- Collect and enter payments to the membership accounts and update credit card or bank account EFT information.
- Contact members regarding email inquiries by phone, mail and email.
- Collect and enter payments and update account information.
- Assist in the organization and execution of the annual scholarship campaign operations, including tracking, reporting, and entering pledges and payments.
- Assist in daily program support for the community with emphasis on schools and sports.
- Act as liaison to various internal departments, including the Family Centers, on issues regarding open account balances, membership renewals, and program participants' accounts and payments.
- Provide guidance to members on policies and procedures as they relate to membership account balances, annual memberships, program participation, and the scholarship membership
- Participate in account reviews.
- Special assignments for the Accounts Receivable Manager as identified.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Association.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Associates degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in assisting accounting, office, or business operations required.
- Previous experience with customer support desired.
- Previous AR collections and/or B2B Collections experience highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, including a high level of skill in Excel.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce, Zuora, or related ERP desired.
- Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal). Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus.
- YMCA membership operations experience a plus.
- Proven experience with the ability to thrive in a high-volume, professional work environment; while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- The physical activities of this position include: Talking is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, with or without correction.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.