Digital Services Specialist
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Olin Library at Rollins College is seeking a service-oriented Digital Services Specialist to join their team! Reporting to the Systems Administrator, the Digital Services Specialist supports the Library and Tutoring and Writing Center with development, configuration, and maintenance of the website, digital displays, social media, signage, and public relations messaging. This position also comprises graphic design and video editing for library promotional materials and participates in troubleshooting online services.
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 10 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive hourly rate.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the configuration, maintenance, and public setup of Olin Library’s digital presence, including the library website, Libguides, digital displays, social media, and others as needed.
- Serve as the administrator on Libguides, including researching ideas to present to the librarians about updating the look and/or effectiveness of the guides, with a goal toward creating a uniform template, as well as a comprehensive list for easier discovery.
- Manage and update the library website including conducting usability testing and focus groups as needed to evaluate the website, collecting and analyzing website and other usage statistics as assigned, and working with the college marketing team.
- Create online forms and surveys as requested.
- Remain current on EAB and serve as the backup for the systems administrator.
- Collect and assemble statistical data for inclusion in periodic reports as requested.
- Collaborate with a team troubleshooting library software issues and work with the systems administrator and IT department to solve them.
- Develop and maintain digital products for the library including digital and video photography and the campus digital signage system.
- Continuously develop the library social media presence outside of the library website, ensure that social media postings are consistent and current, and work with the college-wide social media team.
- Act as a consultant for the Tutoring and Writing Center on web, PR, and social media issues.
- Serve on technology-focused committees as assigned and collaborate with other library faculty and staff in developing and adopting new technologies.
- Design and create the Olin Info Newsletter; put out a call for people to submit content and format the newsletter for review which will be published twice a year.
- Design in-house signage.
- Stay current on the Rollins brand and ensure that all public relations accords with it.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities.
- Perform other related departmental duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical/specialized Associate’s Degree in a related field, and at least one year of job-related experience.
- Skilled in web authoring and familiarity with content management systems, web architecture, VPN, and FTP.
- Familiarity with the maintenance of organizational social media presence.
- Familiarity with computer software including the Windows environment, MS Office, web authoring software, image editing software, and the Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with web analytics and SEO.
- Knowledge of popular and emergent technologies.
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and independently with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Effective service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a library or an academic setting.
- Work Schedule:The Digital Services Specialist role is a full-time 12-month appointment, scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.*
*Overtime and weekends may be required as needed.
- Working in-person, on campus, in an office environment.
- Work requires visual strain and use of computer.
- Work requires physical strain while lifting and moving electronic equipment.
- Overtime may be required as needed.
In order to plan and keep our campus as safe as possible during the pandemic, it is imperative that we know how many employees are vaccinated. New employees will need to report their vaccination status within 3 days of their start date. To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
Instructions to Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Library: The Olin Library was built in 1985 during the Seymour administration by architect James Gamble Rogers II through a generous donation from the F. W. Olin Foundation. The building features computer labs, group study rooms, classroom space, and a beautiful tower room overlooking the Rollins campus and Lake Virginia. Olin is also home to the college Archives and Special Collections, the Tutoring and Writing Center, Instructional Technology, and the Information Technology Help Desk. From its inception, the library has been an integral part of the instructional, intellectual, and cultural life of Rollins College. From its inception, the library has been an integral part of the instructional, intellectual, and cultural life of Rollins College.
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.