Show Systems Surveillance Technician (CCTV Experience)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preventative, diagnostic and corrective maintenance of all park surveillance systems and equipment, large computer controlled electronic signage, surveillance networking and emergency call boxes resort wide.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections and preventative maintenance towards resort security cameras, venue recording and monitoring servers and clients, large format computer-controlled signage, network systems and emergency call boxes. Inspections include testing, cleaning, replacement, programming, verification and/or calibration of applicable control circuits/systems.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and long-term corrective actions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability of the resort surveillance systems, large format computer-controlled signage, emergency call boxes and network equipment through improved diagnostics and engineered approved software and hardware versions. This entails logical and extensive troubleshooting and referring to technical manuals, technical library, and the CMMS system while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Provide input and entry into the Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) and log completion of inspections, corrective action, and/or repairs made, and list applicable parts used. Complete hard copy P.M.'s and physical logbook entries as applicable. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Perform modifications to attraction Surveillance Systems, equipment, or design as directed by the Universal Engineering/Creative/EHS/Attraction Operations departments. Update all documentation as appropriate. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Completes PQS qualification and other job responsibility related training as assigned. Trains new technicians to do venue-specific PM work orders, recovery procedures, and processes.
- Responds to downtimes, show element quality repairs, and ride recovery related issues in adherence with all applicable safety rules and regulations. Initiates and engages in positive interactions with internal partners.
- Performs job duties as described in job description for Tech, Show Systems- 3rd Shift.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required; Electronic or electrical degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of experience preferred: Must possess knowledge of surveillance system theory as well as practical training and experience. Candidates should have advanced knowledge in the set-up and ongoing maintenance of surveillance systems and surveillance networks. Technician with formal electronics training and/or at least 5 years experience in design, installation or maintenance of surveillance systems preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Ocularis Certification, Network Certification, A+.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Completion of orientation checklist into CMMS system required; applicable regulatory training including, forklift, heavy equipment and Lock-Out Tag Out required. Must have the ability to work Third Shift.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE