Experience Kissimmee is the official tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County, Florida. We promote the destination domestically and around the world to potential leisure, business, and sports travelers. Our team develops and implements sales, marketing and communications programs that encourage more than 9 million overnight guests annually. Our goal is to further our popular Central Florida destination’s reputation as being a top vacation spot by positioning Kissimmee as perfectly Whelmed – the perfect balance of thrilling adventures and relaxing moments.
Our Marketing and sales programs and campaigns highlight Kissimmee’s easy access to legendary theme parks and immersive outdoor experiences. Visitors can stay their way at more than 70,000 accommodations options, including 50,000 private vacation homes.
We work directly with our 900+ local Industry Partners to tell the Kissimmee story and all there is to see and do in this sunny location.
Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This role performs administrative and office support to the International and Domestic Sales team.
This administrative assistant will telecommute and primarily work from home. Occasionally in-person meetings will be required at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Kissimmee, FL and throughout the Kissimmee/Osceola County destination; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Maintains the Director of International and Domestic Sales’ calendar.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Work directly with Director of International and Domestic Sales on projects related to the client relationship management database (CRM).
- Maintains record keeping of all International and Domestic Sales invoices. Process all departmental invoices by completing a wire/check request form accurately, coding invoice with account codes, routing for signature and delivering to Finance for payment in a timely manner.
- Makes travel arrangements, including air, rental car, hotel, ground transportation and registration for conferences, etc. Obtain Visas as needed for the Director and at times other Experience Kissimmee staff traveling internationally.
- Prepares travel authorizations for Director (with estimates of travel, hotel, country per diems) and routes for approval. Prepares travel expense reports for Director upon return.
- Update, and maintain departmental reports including in-country rep’s activities, monthly reports, department budget and co-ops.
- Reviews travel expense reports submitted by the International Representatives for the Director’s approval.
- Scans and uploads receipts from the Director’s corporate credit card expenses, accurately codes with account.
- Work with the Director and the Event Management Team to assist with the coordination event itineraries.
- Uses the CRM (database) to invoice industry partners. Process payments either via check or credit cards and provide receipts via CRM.
- Responsible for meeting set up for internal meetings with visitors or internal team members.
- Assist with coordinating details for tradeshows including ordering booth supplies and maintaining and updating necessary sales collateral and marketing pieces.
- Assists with managing the inventory of branded amenities/give-a-ways.
- Assist internal Event Management Team by working registration for local industry functions hosted by Experience Kissimmee.
- Perform duties as assigned/necessary which are related or logical in assignment to the position.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum associate degree and two years of related experience. Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and database (CRM) experience.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
Experience Kissimmee is a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.