Senior Project Manager, Marketing & Sales
JOB SUMMARY: Successfully manage all client programs, ensuring the agency meets schedule deadlines and due dates within approved program budgets. This position is expected to understand the execution needs of client programs, creating campaign timelines and estimates that fit within overarching program schedules and budgets.
Additionally, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for assuring program/campaign deliverables are presented and reviewed at key milestones and within appropriate and regularly scheduled business meetings to ensure all overarching program/campaign timelines are met and approvals received.
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Ensures all relevant information is included in Creative Fuels for creative team briefings prior to Project kickoff
- Ensures Fact Sheets are received from Brand/Sales disciplines prior to P3 Kickoff Notification and have been vetted through all internal reviews (Legal, Product Development, etc.)
- Organizes creative briefing kick off meetings and ensures appropriate Account team, creative team and necessary stakeholders are represented
- Ensures deliverables are reviewed at appropriate Strategy & Creative Review meetings in line with program and project timelines
- Ensures deliverables are reviewed at appropriate weekly Business Team Meetings in line with program and project timelines
- Manages all project change orders
- Ensures all program/campaign tactics are approved by LP/Legal prior to final file handoff
- Flags project scope creep
- Project Administration
- Ensures estimates are approved before work commences
- Ensures facilitation of Look Back Look Forward meeting within reasonable completion of program/campaign and presents Project Management retrospective document
- Leads internal team/status meetings
- Team Management
- Manages and directs day-to-day activities of assigned Project Management team direct reports
- Facilitates performance evaluations and development plan guidance per UO policies for all assigned direct reports
- Agency Annual Workflow Planning & Program Management
- Assists Program Manager with Annual P1 strategy process implementation into workflow system
- Assists Program Manager with flagging collective overall program scope creep
- Ensures all project & program outside costs are accurately represented in WMJ/WorkFront and authorized by Program Manager
- Other Duties: Based upon the Agency Account Mapping, this may include assumed responsibilities and tasks associated with other roles that may report up to the Sr. Project Manager, including, but not limited to: Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator (per the Project Management Role Matrix).
- Resource Management
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues.
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required. Preferred degree disciplines: Marketing, Communications, Marketing/Mass Communications, Advertising, Project Management, Business, Organizational Management, Graphic Design, Art Design
- Preferred experience: 5+ years of experience in corporate environment with focus on developing marketing and advertising messaging strategies and overseeing tactical execution.
- Preferable experience managing/overseeing at least 1 or more direct reports.
- Experience with in-house creative agency or marketing/advertising is strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not required, but PMP or any other Project Management certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience with project management workflow software (Workamajig, Basecamp, Workfront, MS Project, etc.) a plus, Workamajig/WorkFront strongly preferred. Proficiency or working knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite also a plus, but not required.
- Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Advanced project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of studio/graphic arts and creative workflow processes.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with print production processes and techniques (artwork, pre-press, printing.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with digital development and production processes and techniques (web, mobile, social, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with video production processes and techniques (photo/film shoot, AV editing and/or motion graphics development.)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE