Senior Programmer Analyst
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Programmer Analyst, Financial Systems role is to analyze, design, create, and maintain financial software applications to ensure the supported systems run smoothly. This role includes designing, configuring, developing, testing, integrating, implementing and supporting RPG software programs and applications. This role also provides 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis. The Senior Programmer Analyst, Financial Systems will research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the product lifecycle. This role also serves as a contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as collaborating with the team to ensure all recommended solutions are sound.
The job is based in Orlando, Florida and requires 24×7 support, either on-call or on-site.
- Provide a system support role for day-to-day systems operations. Use established development and support tools to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems at all Parks Technology locations.
- Collaborate with internal partners in conceptualizing and development of software programs and applications. Work directly with Parks Technology management and participate in regular meetings with the user community.
- Participate in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Provide support for various hardware and software upgrades and integration, including IBMi OS patching.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, IT, Business required.
- 5+ years of work experience in an IT Design, Development and Support function
- Experience supporting financial applications in planning, execution of installations, and upgrades in support of a multi-location application.
- Experience applying technical solutions to business requirements.
- Experience with general programming/scripting languages.
- Experience with RPG programming skills
- Experience with SQL coding skills
- Experience with CL programming skills
- Experience with database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management preferred.
- Hospitality or Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient using RPG language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring and alerting practices.
- Good understanding of data integration tools and experience working with at least one tool.
- Knowledge of AS400/IBMi, OS/400, and DB2.
- Good experience with development tools.
- Experience estimating work or project effort for proposed solutions.
- Excellent ability to design and develop custom integrations, data extracts and loads.
- Knowledge of systems and business analysis.
- Strong problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage a high volume of detail with excellent accuracy.
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers.
- Database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner.
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention.
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Able to interface and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and IT technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to travel for training, conferences or to supported business locations.
- Familiarity with Resource Scheduling; Asset Management; Security & Crisis Management; Facility Services; systems and concepts.
- Familiarity with enterprise system rollouts.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE