Data Scientist, Measurement Science
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for conducting advanced analysis of marketing campaigns from both structured and unstructured data to better understand marketing opportunities. Design, develop and evaluate advanced predictive and machine learning models with a focus on the optimization of marketing tactics and the guest journey within campaigns, products and events. Help refine media and owned tactics by using a variety of techniques, ranging from statistical analysis to complex data mining and modeling. Conduct advanced analysis on various marketing efforts to gauge performance, impact and effectiveness against the desired results. Deliver clear and compelling findings with data visualization tools and presentations that inform and inspire internal stakeholders to make better business decisions. Collaborate with colleagues in Marketing Operations and IT to infuse predictive analytics into customer touchpoints, driving increased relevance and business performance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on developing and maintaining marketing mix attribution models for ongoing measurement of the incremental value of marketing efforts. Leverage forecasting and simulation-based modeling approaches to provide optimization recommendations of marketing plans.
- Engage with internal partners to translate business problems into a framework for advanced analysis and collaborate to establish project goals and deliverables.
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to tracking and measurement plans that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Advanced degree (M.S., or M.A., or Ph.D.) in relevant quantitative field (e.g., economics, econometrics, computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, data science, business analytics) required.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of prior hands-on experience in data science is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Competency in programming with statistical modeling tools to fuel and deliver marketing personalization and business insights. Strong familiarity with manipulating and mining data to transform business decisions that impact the bottom line. Knowledgeable in leveraging visual analytics to create a seamless and inspirational story that inspire and inform business leaders with the necessary knowledge to drive revenue and customer loyalty.
Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Marketing Personalization
- Marketing Mix Models, attribution, forecasting, and market testing
- Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- CRM Execution
- Consumer Research and Journey
- Consumer Data
- Competitive Analysis
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.